SailNet Community - View Single Post - Who sails with their Golden Retriever
View Single Post
Old 07-04-2013

steve77 is on a distinguished road
Re: Who sails with their Golden Retriever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thistle Dew View Post
An 85 pound golden is a BIG golden. I was thinking about a ramp to get below. How wide is the one you use and where do you keep it when it is not in use? I have a Cal 2-27.

The water in the Pacific Northwest stays about 50 degrees and there is almost always a bit of a cooling breeze. We live at 50 degrees lat. Not so terribly worried about the heat. There are always exceptions of course.

Love all the great ideas and stories.
I have an 85 lb Siberian Husky, and I can't say that it's an ideal arrangement. My boat is 2 hrs from where I live, so I can't really leave him home. He's actually ok on the boat, usually he stays below where it's a bit cooler. Biggest problem is getting him on the boat in the first place, and getting him up and down the companionway. The latter unfortunately requires me to pick him up and lift him in or out. Not really fun to say the least. And Huskies take shedding to a whole new level, so there's that as well.

Having said all that, he's my best friend and I know he would rather be where I am than not. So we manage.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook