SailNet Community - View Single Post - Motor vs Rowing inflatable dinghy...
View Single Post
Old 07-04-2013
Proud "picnic sailor"

TakeFive will become famous soon enough
Re: Motor vs Rowing inflatable dinghy...

I had a few minutes between thunderstorms yesterday evening to place the battery and trolling motor on the raft and ride around a few of the local marinas. I confirmed that the dinghy has enough speed to make headway against the local current, which is obviously very important.

After an hour of motoring around the area, I packed up the motor and battery in the cabin and was done for now. I checked the voltage on the battery afterwards, and it barely dropped at all.

There's a nice little cove about 5 miles upriver with a restaurant (upscale internal restaurant and casual patio dining). We've bene there before by car, but with this little dink we'll be able to anchor in the cove and make it to shore without getting all hot and sweaty.

Between that and the occasional long weekend on the upper Bay, I expect we'll get some occasional use out of this makeshift dinghy.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Formerly posted as "RhythmDoctor"
1998 Catalina 250WK Take Five (at Anchorage Marina, Essington, on the Delaware River)
1991 15' Trophy (Lake Wallenpaupack)
1985 14' Phantom (Lake Wallenpaupack)
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook