SailNet Community - View Single Post - $ Cruising ??
Thread: $ Cruising ??
View Single Post
Old 07-04-2013

aeventyr60 is on a distinguished road
Re: $ Cruising ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdw View Post
Maintenance really is the elephant in the room isn't it ? Other than difference twixt marina, mooring or anchor, day to day living expenses can vary according to your budget. We could easily blow a few hundred a week eating out or spend bugger all if we are off the beaten track and eating fish and rice. Me I'm happy to do either and most ports in between but maintenance is lying alongside death and taxes as unavoidable. One's only means of minimising costs is determined by how much you are prepared to put in yourself.
Over the long term, "preventive maintenance" has been the best cost effective strategy in reducing the overall cost for me. Staying ahead of the curve is key, taking care of the "small' items before they develop into "big" problems.

I have a spending plan each year for general maintenance, replacements and improvements. After owning this boat for 18 years it has gotten to be pretty predictable, and there are far fewer surprises.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Your dreams minus your doubts equals your net worth"

Life is a short journey, filled with emptiness and pain. Get all the sailing and booty you can.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook