SailNet Community - View Single Post - What do I do if someone anchors too close?
View Single Post
Old 07-05-2013
first sailed january 2008

northoceanbeach is on a distinguished road
Re: What do I do if someone anchors too close?

Yeah. I think I said I woke up to see a boat anchored right next to me about four feet away and closing. I was on the deck with my arms pushing in a second and that's the only reason the damage was minor. Then I spent two hours fending, at which time if I stopped fending we would have hit again. So I couldn't really get out of there because I had to keep the boat off.

TQA I guess this guy was using that tactic. Throw your anchor on top of someone else while they are sleeping, then head into town without any sort of anchor watch, and if you hit anybody it is their fault and they have to move. Maybe everybody should do that, it's a good way to get the best spot when you show up to a popular place on the years busiest holiday.

It wasn't my fault. When I went to sleep there wasn't a boat for 100 yards and that closest boat is my friend.

Even if I could have moved where am I going to go? It's the fourth. The marina is overflowing. The anchorage is jammed packed. Thats why this yahoo anchored next to me.

3:1 scope is sufficient in this anchorage. Even the well respected wagoners cruising guide says so. I can't very well let out 400 feet and take up the entire bay here.

Last edited by northoceanbeach; 07-05-2013 at 03:00 AM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
The Following User Says Thank You to northoceanbeach For This Useful Post:
DJR351 (07-05-2013)