SailNet Community - View Single Post - What do I do if someone anchors too close?
View Single Post
Old 07-05-2013

jephotog is on a distinguished road
Re: What do I do if someone anchors too close?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TQA View Post
However I do stand by what I said, I think you are partly to blame for not moving. Other posters here clearly have alternative views.
I believe NOB is fairly new to sailing or cruising. To expect the same level of expertise as you is unreasonable. I am sure given the option to do something other than "let" the power boat beat up his home for the week, month or however long he is cruising, he would have done so. Hell, his first instinct is to even hold this guy accountable. I'd have called my lawyer, put on a neck brace and been shopping for a Ranger 26 by now, if I was in his shoes.

I consider myself an experienced sailor, but have think I have only anchored once in my life that I can remember. One of the reasons I am here is to learn from the experience of others like yourself or from NOB who is out there learning via trial by fire, so when a MOBO tries to ruin my home I know my out. It's good to learn from your own mistakes even better to learn from other's mistakes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TQA View Post
I was single handed at the time and without an anchor remote so the kedge was the easy option.
Whats an anchor remote?
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook