View Single Post
Old 07-05-2013

chef2sail will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to chef2sail
Re: Hunter 33 vs CS 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by rugosa View Post
Daggers are out, touche'
No not really. Enough of the personal remarks. They arent germaine/ Just correcting the lies.

This needs to be taken into PM if James feels the need to continue. I am willing.

Quote:
As to the CS30, which would be a personal favorite as a premium coastal cruiser, it fits poorly as a bluewater cruiser. Just because the CS36 and maybe a few other CSes make a decent bluewater boat, does not mean anything CS does- Sailingfool
In terms of the original post about a CS30 being a bluewater boat compared to a CS36, The CS certainly is not a boat I would want to go around the world with myself/ The posts were general in nature comparing the build quality of a CS30 to the Hunter 33

A CS30 is certainly a very capable COASTAL CRUISER and a well made boat IMHO. The OP intended usage to take the boat down the Atlantic Coast and to the Islands in the Carribean which are mainly line of sight are certainly within its capabilities sturcturally. Many have done with with far less. Around the world or many days of blue water sailing.....very questionable as you and others pointed out

Thats not to say this is ideally set up to do long period cruising, but it could be adressed if that was the intention. It is not the boat or the size boat I would choose to do it in, but different people have different expectations and require different accomnadations. I dont know the OP finances or availability to show for other boats in his price range. It was he who narrowed it down to these two boats. My comments are intended to address this question and not bring other options in play. Certainly there are other options if the OP would care to expand his search. Thats his call.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(photos by Joe McCary)
Charter member of the Chesapeake Lion posse

Our blog-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

“Sailing is just the bottom line, like adding up the score in bridge. My real interest is in the tremendous game of life.”- Dennis Conner

Last edited by chef2sail; 07-05-2013 at 01:25 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook