SailNet Community - View Single Post - What do I do if someone anchors too close?
View Single Post
Old 07-05-2013

jephotog is on a distinguished road
Re: What do I do if someone anchors too close?

Quote:
Originally Posted by northoceanbeach View Post
I shouldn't bother. Damage was minor. I don't want to bring the world of courts and lawyers and bs into the boating world. His biggest crime was brig a dick.
His being a dick is the reason to take him to court. If he was just a poor mariner but was nice and apologetic about it, I would probably just fix it myself but the fact he hits your boat and does not apologize or offer to repair it, means he is a bad person as well as a bad mariner. He brings a power buffer with him while cruising? Maybe he drags anchor each night and has to buff off the evidence each morning.

Taking him to court may cause his insurance to go up or the company to make him take some lessons. Holding him accountable would be doing a service to your fellow sailors. I would at least get an estimate for your repairs from a marina and send it to him, to see what happens.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook