SailNet Community - View Single Post - I want a nautical tattoo :)
View Single Post
Old 07-05-2013

ShoalFinder is on a distinguished road
Re: I want a nautical tattoo :)

I had an old Chief with Port and Stbd running lights on his butt cheeks. Another popular one was "twin screws on the fantail" if you weren't one for running lights.

The best tattoo I ever saw was on a gorgeous Korean girl. It was a "stamp" on her derriere that said "Made In Korea" and looked just like a circular customs ink stamp. Odd time to begin laughing uncontrollably, but you don't expect that one.

I love tattoos, albeit in moderation. I only have a handful, but none are visible in work dress. Tattoo work can be some of the best artwork you'll ever see in your life, and all often it's the worst. You get what you pay for in tattoo work just like everything else.

My favorite tattoo story is when we pulled into Amsterdam. My buddy got the shape of the US tattooed on his butt and filled with the flag. It really did look great. Being July 4th, a local NED news crew happened to be there and put him on TV. American sailor getting flag tattoo on his nation's birthday... they interviewed him in the street and had him drop his pants, peel the bandage and show it off. Good wholesome feelgood TV- in the Netherlands I guess!

Last edited by ShoalFinder; 07-05-2013 at 07:23 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook