SailNet Community - View Single Post - First boat, living aboard and learning to sail
View Single Post
Old 01-20-2007
moderate?

camaraderie is a jewel in the rough camaraderie is a jewel in the rough camaraderie is a jewel in the rough
Michael... doesn't sound preachy to me at all. Good explanation of your plans and where you are coming from. You seem to be tempermentally suited to living really bare bones and cramped so that is a major plus in your favor. Look, worst case is that you'll have invested 15K+ in something that didn't work out the way you had hoped and you'll sell at a bit of a loss. Compared to your investment in med school...that is a pittance! And once you "hang out your shingle"...it won't seem like such a big deal anyway. You can always get a bigger boat or decide the whole boat thing is overrated but at least you won't be wondering about whether you should have done it! Your approach sounds both prudent and right for you guys. Are you attending UVM currently? I went to a little school 30 miles down route 7...I'm just getting warmer now!!
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook