SailNet Community - View Single Post - Bristol 22
Thread: Bristol 22
View Single Post
Old 07-06-2013

sceilig is on a distinguished road
Re: Bristol 22

A friend and I are new Bristol 22 owners in Washington, D.C. We sail her in the Potomac River and really appreciate her responsiveness and stability.

She was not much to look at but we purchased her in solid/sailable condition. We replaced all six port lights due to significant leaks - though I'm not completely satisfied with the results and we'll likely replace them in a couple seasons.

We desperately need to rebed all deck hardware - particularly the shroud chainplates - much leaking on the port side resulting in deterioration of the bulkhead (seems like a common problem). The starboard chainplate appears easy enough to remove as the bolts are easily accessible from the cabin. The issue we have is figuring out how the port chainplate is mounted. The chainplate seems to be bolted from the head side of the bulkhead - but on the reverse side there are no nuts - they seem to be sunk into the fiberglass. I'm afraid to remove the bolts lest I can't replace it. I haven't been able to find pictures of how the port chainplate is mounted on other B22s, so I'm not sure if this is standard or not.

Sean
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook