SailNet Community - View Single Post - bareboat charter with our 1 year old - sleep advice
View Single Post
Old 07-06-2013
3peas

3peas is on a distinguished road
bareboat charter with our 1 year old - sleep advice

I've read all the excellent tips from Cruisingdad and the others. Since we bareboat charter we can't rig much into the berths. Our concern is how do we have our babe sleep aboard nights at anchor without rolling off the bed. She's the baby that does the circuit in her crib throughout the night in her sleep. No corner goes unsnuggled! Pillows are too dangerous for the same reason we don't keep them in our crib. We've chartered a ton of 40ft beneteaus and jenneaus that we should know but I just can't visulaize it. Do you experts out there think a light travel crib like the Baby Bjorn would work standing up in a berth? Are there other practical solutions for sleeping for a baby that moves but doesn't get the concept of the "cliff" edge of the bed just yet?

We'll nap her in her car seat. That worked wonderfully our last sail with her. For the others sailing with a 4/5mth and under we used the Rest Assured infant travel bassinet (cosleeper) in between us or on the floor for night time which folds and carries and has a built in white noise box and night light. And for under sail, the car seat lodged into the floor space in the v berth with some deck cushions. I also nursed down there, no pfd, under long 5 hour sails. We also used our Ergo and Baby Bjorn carriers for sleeping or hanging out while in the cockpit
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook