SailNet Community - View Single Post - Bob Perry's take on Wolfenzee's dream boat
View Single Post
Old 07-07-2013

aeventyr60 is on a distinguished road
Re: Bob Perry's take on Wolfenzee's dream boat

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobperry View Post
On August 16th we will assemble a fleet of boats in Port Ludlow for the Perry Rendezvous.
This started years ago with a dozen boats. Fore the last 15 years we had had a fleet of around 45 to 50 boats at the Rendezvous. Some boat owners fly in for the get together. So,me Perry boat owners drive in for the Rendezvous. But by Saturday night we have a big fleet and a bunch of very happy boat owners all gathered for a party.

50 boats Brent. And, that's just the local PNW owners.

There will be Islander 28's with six people crammed aboard. Maybe ICON will be there at 63' LOA and a crew of four. But we will have a very wide variety of boats with owners all enjoying their boats. I even have owners of non Perry boats come. I even have powerboats come. If you want to come to a great party then you are invited. I just like boats.

Of course it is a huge ego boost for me. I don't deny that. During the weekend I will meet many of my boat owners who think I did a pretty darn good job on their boat. They are happy. When they are happy, I am happy. I could strut around but I'm not a strutter. I try to do a bit of a strut. I'm just not good at it. I let my dog strut.

Let me go over that again. these boat owners are happy. That is exactly why they come to the Rendezvous.

I just soak it in and get ready to play in the band after the big, Saturday night dinner.

I could be wrong. Maybe they are all scared. Maybe they are terrified. But it seems to me that if they weren't very happy they would not bother coming to the Rendezvous. And, this includes the very happy Reliance 37 owner.

It's a very good weekend for me. I enjoy meeting with happy owners of the boats I have designed. I stand on the dock and I think, "Damn it Bob, look at all the people you made happy." That is very, very humbling. But it is true. My first reaction to the assembled fleet is always one of humilty, deep humility. " Can I really have done this?"

This is REALITY.
This happens every year.
Come Brent, see for yourself. But don't bing bitter, angry Brent. He would not do so good at the party.

This is my world and,,,,,I like it. I really like it.
Yacht design has been very good to me.
Now, how do you think your silly words would ever be able to change reality?
Bob,

We really enjoyed the Perry Rendezvous in Port Ludlow in 98. Great to meet you and the really, really happy Bob Perry designed yacht owners. As I remember it, Gumbo Ya Ya and you did a great gig together. Wonderful to hear all the other cruisers stories of sailing the Pacific which helped us to get out to sea in 99. Would I go with steel now? hell no! don't think anybody else would either...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Your dreams minus your doubts equals your net worth"

Life is a short journey, filled with emptiness and pain. Get all the sailing and booty you can.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook