SailNet Community - View Single Post - Interesting Sailboats
View Single Post
Old 07-07-2013
tato@fotocontato

Renato is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to Renato
Re: Comet 41s

Hi Paulo,
After reading the whole thread following your "saga" for a new boat and being curious about which one you would end up with, hearing that you got hit while moored was hard, man! I really hope that you get back to your trip soon and not much affected by this mishappening.

But in the meanwhile I'd like to thank you and all other posters for the boat encyclopedia you build up in this thread, besides having my eyes burning trying to recap it from the beginning (2010!!) I learned a lot about boats I haven't ever heard of.

Right now I am in France trying to visit and have a hands on test in as many boats as I can get because in Brazil this would be very, very difficult.

My plan is to have a life aboard and sail following the trades around the globe (or parts of it) for 3 years. It would be my wife and I plus, eventually, a guest couple during short stays. For this I made a start list and would like to have the forum's input and maybe some brokers/shipyards contacts. I'll be located in Marseille till July, 30.

We are looking for boats around 40' or 12m and the following models:
outremer 42/45
catana 42/45
RM 10.60/12.00
dufor 40E/405
cigale 14

What you think? Would anybody have have dealers/brokers/shipyards contacts in South of France that could share or recommend?

Renato
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook