SailNet Community - View Single Post - Hunter 33 vs CS 30
View Single Post
Old 07-07-2013

chef2sail will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to chef2sail
Re: Hunter 33 vs CS 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by jameswilson29 View Post
I see something different in your sailing resume - a huge hole, despite a lot of time spent on the water. It appears you have allowed the tremendous fear you experienced on your second Transatlantic crewing experience to stymie your personal growth as a sailor. While you have spent a lot of time sitting on your boat and others, you have never really tested your personal ability and character ever since that scare. All the internet bullying in the world does not change that obvious avoidance of personal growth in your sailing career.

I now understand why you feel so threatened by solo sailors and those who approawch sailing as a personal challenge, instead of a social activity. The mystery is why you would feel so proud of your perceived role as the SN "enforcer". I assume the mods encourage you in this role because you perform some useful function in organizing the get-togethers and shilling for the sponsors?
Again with the personal James. Trust me I am neither the SN enforcer or a shil for the moderators. The Rondevous are also for members of this site as well as other sites and all sailors on the Chesapeake. You could come, but that would mean you couldn't hide like on the Internet. If you displayed this behavior in person it might be dealt with differently.

I have nothing to prove sailing wise to myself or anyone else. I am comfortable in my own skin. I thoroughly enjoy this period of my life, after raising kids and approaching retirement, with the type and amount of sailing I do now, which by the way far exceeds yours even at this point. I watched my daughter by her first keelboat last year a 27 Catalina and she's teaching her new husband how to sail on Barneget Bay.

I really am quite fulfilled sailing with my wife sharing new places, friendships, and am looking forward to our chances to do long range cruising in a different boat in the future like some of our friends on here. I get plenty of time singlehanding Halekula, but really I like when my wife and I are together on her.

Even at this moment we are anchored, rafted up with friends enjoying a beautiful sunrise, breakfast and commradiere on the Chesapeake n the Magothy River while you hide solo behind your computer. Priceless sharing experiences with my wife and friends. No need to have the loneliness of going a solo.

Seek your own personal challenges James. Everyone's are different, and you certainly don't have the credentials, experience, or right to criticize others about theirs. We are in different places in life. I said my wife's experience has long passed yours not only in the Chesapeake but offshore and the gap widens every year. We sail safely and alert, nothing to prove but enjoying ourselves.

Give us a all a breaks from your personal animus.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(photos by Joe McCary)
Charter member of the Chesapeake Lion posse

Our blog-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

“Sailing is just the bottom line, like adding up the score in bridge. My real interest is in the tremendous game of life.”- Dennis Conner
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook