SailNet Community - View Single Post - 6 Americans, 1 Brit vanish at sea
View Single Post
Old 07-07-2013

Dauntless Brent is on a distinguished road
Re: 6 Americans, 1 Brit vanish at sea

Wow! I can not believe the amount of engineers and wood scientists on this site. I am truly privileged to be here on the same site as you. Truth be told, this whole thread has ticked me off. The amount of speculation here is something to behold. Let's face the facts. NONE of us knows what happened to the Nina and her crew, other than she/they are missing. It's a sad story. What we all should be learning from this is that the sea can in fact be temperamental. No matter how well we prepare, no matter what type of boat/ship/yacht, how well outfitted, knowledgeable Captain, knowledgeable crew, bad things can in fact happen. There are inherent dangers involved, (hence, the songs, stories, poems) we see it all of the time. My heart goes out to the family and friends of the crew members on the Nina. I can not imagine how hard this must be on them. Please be kind enough to not start bashing me on here. I too have my opinion, however, I'm not about to get into a knock down drag out fight over what MAY have happened.
The Following User Says Thank You to Dauntless Brent For This Useful Post:
BluemanSailor (07-10-2013)