SailNet Community - View Single Post - M25 what is this and where does the hose go?
View Single Post
Old 07-08-2013
SSBN506's Avatar
SSBN506 SSBN506 is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: New Brunswick Canada
Posts: 173
Thanks: 2
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Rep Power: 8
SSBN506 is on a distinguished road
Re: M25 what is this and where does the hose go?

Originally Posted by JimsCAL View Post
The area you have circled is on the the valve cover. Not sure what that little unit is however. Maybe a crankcase breather? If so, they are commonly connected to the air inlet to burn the vapors rather than have them vent to the engine compartment.
I have noticed a few pictures online of a tube going from that spot to the air intake so crankcase breather sounds correct. From the pictures online it looks like the c34 that mostly have m25xp go to the air intake.
Looking closer it looks like it is just zip tied next to it.

Here is one from a cat 30 and you can se a hose attached going down some ware. Maybe just to the bilge.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook