SailNet Community - View Single Post - M25 what is this and where does the hose go?
View Single Post
Old 07-08-2013
mark2gmtrans's Avatar
mark2gmtrans mark2gmtrans is offline
sailing soon
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Texas
Posts: 813
Thanks: 2
Thanked 30 Times in 30 Posts
Rep Power: 2
mark2gmtrans is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to mark2gmtrans
Re: M25 what is this and where does the hose go?

The little unit there is your breather element for the valve cover. It should have a hose that attaches to the elbow and runs down through a small bracket. If I remember correctly it does not attach to anything, just terminates below the engine. Its purpose is to vent any air pressure built up in the head cover or as it is normally called here in the US the valve cover. See the PDF file on the web page attached here for a full parts list. You will find the doohickey in question on page 16 of the PDF, but the actual manual page is 12, the part numbers show on the next page. Please note that there are some filter elements on the inside of the head cover that should be in place to prevent it from making a mess in the engine compartment and these need to be in good order. Just download the PDF and print it out for your future reference.

Engines1 | Westerbeke, Universal, Marine Engines, AGM Batteries, Engine Controls Knowledgebase
It is good to learn from your mistakes, but much better to learn from the mistakes of others...
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
The Following User Says Thank You to mark2gmtrans For This Useful Post:
SSBN506 (07-08-2013)