SailNet Community - View Single Post - Interesting Sailboats
View Single Post
Old 07-08-2013

PCP will become famous soon enough
Long range Cruising sailboat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renato View Post

Right now I am in France trying to visit and have a hands on test in as many boats as I can get because in Brazil this would be very, very difficult.

My plan is to have a life aboard and sail following the trades around the globe (or parts of it) for 3 years. It would be my wife and I plus, eventually, a guest couple during short stays. For this I made a start list and would like to have the forum's input and maybe some brokers/shipyards contacts. I'll be located in Marseille till July, 30.

We are looking for boats around 40' or 12m and the following models:
outremer 42/45
catana 42/45
RM 10.60/12.00
dufor 40E/405
cigale 14

What you think? Would anybody have have dealers/brokers/shipyards contacts in South of France that could share or recommend?

Renato
For that and assuming you have the money for the others that are more expensive I would skip the Dufour and I would join to that list the Boreal 44 and the Allures 45 and 39.

The Cigale 14 is a great boat but I think they are going to substitute it soon by a new model as they have with the rest of the range.

Try to see if Hannah (Steve) did not yet sail out of France in his new Boreal 44. That is a first that you can test to see if it fits you.

That is very interesting your choice of boat and it will just fit in the purpose of this thread so please keep us posted about it.

Basically you have to decide if you want a Catamaran or a monohull. Catamarans are generally more expensive and a big one demands previous experience with cats in my opinion. Between monohulls you have to decide if you want a center-boarder or a full keel boat. I love the Cigale, old model and all, but the 16 is just better looking.

Regards

Paulo

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook