SailNet Community - View Single Post - Do you use dinghy lights?
View Single Post
Old 07-08-2013

JonEisberg will become famous soon enough
Re: Do you use dinghy lights?

Quote:
Originally Posted by T37Chef View Post

I have always had an issue with most smaller inflatables that they do not design a better way to mount running lights on these things. My old Avon nor my new Achilles have a way to mount a bow light cleanly. Sure you could glue something but it will look like crap so when we need a bow light some holds it there, until I can find a better way. I have even complained to both companies with no reply from either. Seems silly that they can't at the very least mold a holder for a small battery powered bow light?
I use an Aqua Signal bow light with a suction cup... of course, a suction cup is essentially worthless on any surface that is not absolutely clean, any amount of salt spray or dew will render it useless... And as I often have dinghy chaps on my tender anyway, I use a bridle of shock cord running to the bow handle, and the pair of attachment points for the spray cover/bow bag that works just fine...

There a new series of LED dinghy/emergency nav lights from NaviSafe, they look pretty slick... Unfortunately, looks like they don't make a dedicated bow light, but only a tricolor, so the white portion will kill your vision unless elevated... Pricey, naturally - but the only ones I know of that have been CG approved:

Defender.com Search Results: navisafe: Navigation Lights

A product line of mounts from Railblaza includes a mount that can be glued onto hypalon or PVC, and used in conjunction with such lights...

RAILBLAZA RIBPort with StarPort Multifunctional Mount

Reply With Quote Share with Facebook