SailNet Community - View Single Post - spent my life savings on a boat, looking for work.
View Single Post
Old 07-09-2013
sailing soon

mark2gmtrans is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to mark2gmtrans
Re: spent my life savings on a boat, looking for work.

I hate to be mean, but I know that for $5,000.00 you can get a boat a whole lot bigger than a 14' footer here on the Gulf coast, and almost anywhere else in the states. At least with some of the 17' and 19' boats there is some pretense of a bed in the thing. I know where there is a little 22' trailer sailer that the guy wants $2,500.00 for, and if I did not already have too much stuff in the driveway I would go down and get it, just to have something to sail on one of the mudpuddle lakes around here.

I do not know exactly what the poor kid paid, but it was all he had, and that kind of sucks, especially for him. I would feel sorry for him, but I will just say that some of life's lessons are definitely best learned from watching other's mistakes and learning from them.

I wish him luck though. A lot of it if he is actually living on the little boat when winter comes. I think it would have been better if he was 14 and the boat was 19'