SailNet Community - View Single Post - spent my life savings on a boat, looking for work.
View Single Post
post #7 of Old 07-09-2013
mark2gmtrans
sailing soon

Send a message via Yahoo to mark2gmtrans
Re: spent my life savings on a boat, looking for work.

I hate to be mean, but I know that for $5,000.00 you can get a boat a whole lot bigger than a 14' footer here on the Gulf coast, and almost anywhere else in the states. At least with some of the 17' and 19' boats there is some pretense of a bed in the thing. I know where there is a little 22' trailer sailer that the guy wants $2,500.00 for, and if I did not already have too much stuff in the driveway I would go down and get it, just to have something to sail on one of the mudpuddle lakes around here.

I do not know exactly what the poor kid paid, but it was all he had, and that kind of sucks, especially for him. I would feel sorry for him, but I will just say that some of life's lessons are definitely best learned from watching other's mistakes and learning from them.

I wish him luck though. A lot of it if he is actually living on the little boat when winter comes. I think it would have been better if he was 14 and the boat was 19'

It is good to learn from your mistakes, but much better to learn from the mistakes of others...
Quote Share with Facebook

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome