oh, this is rich-
you might want to go back and re-read most of your own posts from a year (or less) ago, before you start firing the "quit whining, grow up" cannon.
Who said this?
"So there I am. Completely had the wind taken out of my sails. Once again, on the cusp of being done.. being able to enjoy what I have spent so much money time and effort on.. Its yet another thing. I mean.. I dont even know what to do. Im so over everything breaking or being broken that part of me just wants to slap a for sale sign on the boat and hope any potential buyer is ignorant enough to purchaser the boat without a proper inspection--- Of course as a moral person who needs his sleep this isnt a great option... So If I did decide to sell her Id need to do the repairs first or knock a large chunk off the asking price..
Or, yet again, flat broke as I am at the moment, I wait until I can pull the funds together and have a new centerboard made which I expect would me no less than 700$ and most likely a good bit more.
Im just so depressed. I feel like every step forward is two more steps back. I still owe the sail maker 250$ and haven't paid my slip fee yet this month. Now I have a broken centerboard which acts as a sea anchor because the hinged part is broken off so the centerboard is only attached to the boat by that holding pin/line... So I asked for help... I dont know what sort of help I expect.. Kind words from people who have felt my pain. Seriously I could cry like a girl
should do it yourself.
Ok Jones ill bite. Thanks for recapping my 800 plus post by cherry picking the ones i made after solo disasters but im hooked now and i hope youve got the test to reel me in.
1. I paid 2900 cash baby from investment funds for my boat.
2. I had the money for what I thought would only be 4 or 5k in refits up front.
3. I was full time Biology student at UNF, which btw mr jonesing for trouble i also payed for myself.
4. I worked 30 hours per week on top of my 15 credit hour science load on top of my project boat to pay for my boat, refits, schooling, car, bills, and food. So shove that up your seacock.
5. I rewired my boat. I re glassed, gelcoated,reigged,insulated, cut out and cut in. I rebuilt the boat. Did i go broke a few times after my centerboard suddenly dnapped in two or my diesel engine kept running away? Why yes i did because unline the OP im actually responsible. My worst infractions are trying to motor with a foulded prop and not learning enough about tide and current before leaving for NSB which both were only done once.
6. I work. 2 jobs at the moment.
7. I sail my 27' SOLO and dock her SOLO and live on her SOLO and keep her, my bills, and my OBLIGATIONS current SOLO. So i THINK i can speak up on the matter as i am and will.
What did you think would happen here? You took post by me made after terrible days where i bared my soul publicly about my fall backs to try and paint me as what exactly? A guy that did not buy a lemon spend 2 years refitting solo while working and going to school full time? Man what a reprehensible character I am. So irresponsible.
What a foolish attempt by you since im actually the epitome of young boat owner. Does the OP even know what a fuse is let alone how to change one when the primary bilge pump fails and your centerboard tube is pumping water into your sole at a cup per swell off the coast of nsb? Oh wait he doesnt even have a boat big enough for a circuit breaker.
So well done on proving my experience on the matter and also proving my ability to forgoe what you do not which is called pride or haughtiness in order to refresh the spirit of having to go all this basically alone except for my wonderful uncle who stepped in at the last step when i could not after spending over 1500 of MY money stop my diesel from running.
Your attempt to discredit me publicly is laughable and you need to do less jonesing for trouble and fill your mouth oraface with the first two letters of your name more. Start with me if you like.