SailNet Community - View Single Post - Sailboat perishes off Hatteras, USCG rescues crew
View Single Post
Old 07-09-2013

chef2sail will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to chef2sail
Re: Sailboat perishes off Hatteras, USCG rescues crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonEisberg View Post
Ahhh, mystery solved... it involves The Bermuda Triangle, naturally...

Hmmm, wonder how many other sailboats have been abandoned offshore by "novice sailors" recently, that we never heard about? Yup, "the facts & statistics" clearly indicate this sort of thing is on the decline, alright... (grin, bigtime)

Seriously, however, one really has to wonder whether anyone is really keeping track of all these abandoned vessels? Presumably, when that Carnival cruise ship encountered RUNNING FREE at sea a couple of weeks ago and stopped to investigate, they would have contacted the USCG, don't you think? And, that maybe, just maybe, the CG might have informed them she had been abandoned weeks before, and that there would have been nobody aboard, and hence no need to stop and deploy a boarding party?
I think I need to set up a chair on the Jersey shore beaches and watch the abandoned sailboats come rolling in since its now deterrmined by 6 published incidences its now on the increase.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(photos by Joe McCary)
Charter member of the Chesapeake Lion posse

Our blog-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

“Sailing is just the bottom line, like adding up the score in bridge. My real interest is in the tremendous game of life.”- Dennis Conner
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook