SailNet Community - View Single Post - Sailboat perishes off Hatteras, USCG rescues crew
View Single Post
Old 07-09-2013

JonEisberg will become famous soon enough
Re: Sailboat perishes off Hatteras, USCG rescues crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by chef2sail View Post
I think I need to set up a chair on the Jersey shore beaches and watch the abandoned sailboats come rolling in since its now deterrmined by 6 published incidences its now on the increase.
LOL! Actually, I'd give that some serious consideration, if I thought a boat like WOLFHOUND might be among them...

Permit me to remind you again, that I have never claimed anything more specific than the number of these sort of abandonments SEEM TO BE on the rise, that is simply my IMPRESSION...

I'm hard pressed to recall another season where we've seen as many yachts abandoned in the North Atlantic, as we have over the past 6 months or so... Of course, I must acknowledge the possibility that this year has simply been a statistical anomaly, and there may not be as many sailing yachts abandoned off the East coast for years to come...

However, based on what I'm seeing these days - how 'casually' some of these boats seem to be abandoned, and how many of them are still afloat months afterward - I wouldn't bet on it... (grin)
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook