SailNet Community - View Single Post - Interesting Sailboats
View Single Post
Old 07-09-2013

PCP will become famous soon enough
Rm 1360

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renato View Post

We don't have the money to afford a new boat, we're targeting a 10 years old one and since we started looking around we've been raising the bar continuously. As we don't have plans to keep the boat after our 3 years trip we are tempted to increase our initial budget in other to get it back easier later on, let see if this holds true at the end...

Leaving the cats arena, yesterday we briefly visited a RM 10.60, a X38, a pogo and a dufour 36E. We fell in love for the RM !! The setup is super!! Clean and light interior. We asked for a test and the guy offered a skippered day sail for 500 euros, we are considering because there would be very few, if none, other opportunities for us to test sail a RM after we return back home in Brazil but, well, it's expensive isn't it?

I'll check your new suggestions (Boreal 44 and the Allures 45 and 39) to see if I can find them around here to visit and still, if anybody have dealers/brokers/shipyards contacts in South of France that could share or recommend my list is wide open and growing!

Regards,
Renato
The problem is that you should not have doing what you are doing on the South of France but in de La Rochelle region that is where the boat builders including RM are. I test sailed there a RM 1200 for free and their public relations is a very nice guy.

So for a boat with 10 years I guess you should be looking for a RM 1200, an Allures 44 or an OVNI 435. The Cigale is also an option but they are pretty rare in the used market. Have a look at what you can find in the used market. All these boats will devalue slowly so you should not lose a lot of money for 3 years of use.

By the way, they presented the new 1360:

Blog RM Yachts | Chantier Fora Marine - Permettre de mieux connaitre les voiliers RM et d'échanger vos idées et vos expériences nautiques.

Best regards

Paulo

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook