SailNet Community - View Single Post - Do you use dinghy lights?
View Single Post
Old 07-10-2013
Glad I found Sailnet

Bene505 will become famous soon enough Bene505 will become famous soon enough
Re: Do you use dinghy lights?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonEisberg View Post
I don't know, I've enjoyed superb service from these portable lights from Aqua Signal over the years, they've never missed a beat...

by comparison, the ones I've see from Attwood and Innovative Lighting seem a bit less robust, or waterproof...

Like anything else going in a tender, always helps to keep them cleaned and protected from the elements as much as possible, remove the batteries when stowed long term, etc...

We have those. One is at the bottom of the lake at Edgartown. After that, I put a lanyard on them. The suction cup onto the top of the engine only works for X minutes, where X is not a large number.

The other ones we have are all rusty inside where the contacts are. Been meaning to clean them up -- maybe some On&Off will remove the rust -- and apply dialectric grease. We just don't seem to need them that much, and I haven't found the time to tinker with them.

Lesson learned: remove batteries as Jon said. Also apply dialectric grease to help prevent rusting innards.

Does anyone know if hypalon glue will work on velcro loop patches? Our registration (soft) plate came off the port side and the dinghy's a bit ugly there now. (Port side registration is now roped on, fore and aft.) So I need to get some of the (expensive!) glue again anyway.

Regards,
Brad

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
. .

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
. .
. .
. .
. .

Last edited by Bene505; 07-10-2013 at 02:16 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook