SailNet Community - View Single Post - Do you use dinghy lights?
View Single Post
Old 07-10-2013

Coquina is on a distinguished road
Re: Do you use dinghy lights?

I had a sailboat stern light on my runabout I coudl switch on in place of the 360 degree light. It was not "legal", but usually the last mile home was 6 knots weaving around a ton of unlit moored boats. I figured the increased viz was worth the "risk" of being mistaken for a sailboat. I never ran on plane that way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobGallagher View Post
Don't laugh...

I sometimes wear a headlamp (360 degree white light) on top of my head using the strap as a chin strap. Yes, I rearrange the strap so I'm wearing it as a regular headlamp as I approach the dock so no one sees me .

Of course I concur that the ColRegs under 7 meters, under 7 knots, need only an all around white light or, if practical also side lights.

What would make sense is to permit one to use a 67.5 degree stern light and side lights on a small vessel so that one would maintain night vision...but that would make sense and we cannot expect the government to start making sense.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook