SailNet Community - View Single Post - Officially Went Off The Deep End
View Single Post
Old 07-11-2013

jeepjeff is on a distinguished road
Re: Officially Went Off The Deep End

It's killing me but I want to ensure she is as ready as I am when we hit the water 1st time. I live about a 1/2 mile away from a public launch (free one!) and across the street from Skipper Buds Marina on the Saginaw River so I'll trailer sail it this year. It's a major shipping system in this area so it is a large water system. There's actually around three free public launches closer to the mouth and one State run one right at the mouth (need to purchase a pass) that I know of. Plan is to find a local sailor with more experience than myself to assist with the first launch and lesson. I am going to talk to the marina folks and check out the local clubs now that ownership has become a reality.

I have some good friends who live at the mouth of the river that have a couple slips at the Sunset Shores Marina which is also at the mouth of Saginaw Bay on Lake Huron so might use one of their slips for a weekend or two. They are motor boaters. Will mostly do day trips on and around the river and bay until we get more experience.

By the way, the Tall Ships are in town for this weekend. They are scheduled to arrive this afternoon and will be here through Sunday. Definitely going to check the festivities out and do some networking with my new sailing family. If anybody is coming here for the event let me know and I'd be delighted to meet you. PM me if you wish, I think I can pm now....
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook