SailNet Community - View Single Post - Need Opinion: Chart plotter, north up or course up?
View Single Post
Old 07-11-2013
Super Fuzzy Moderator

tdw is a jewel in the rough tdw is a jewel in the rough tdw is a jewel in the rough
Re: Need Opinion: Chart plotter, north up or course up?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chef2sail View Post
snip

You can pick and chose which electronics to use (I notice you use the demon computer to post) and let the technology help you become a better safer sailor, or you can get left behind. ( grin). Not referring to you Jon...you use GPS of course ( grin).
Dave, It seems to me you are being somewhat unfair. JE (irritating grin or no irritating grin) is on record in this very thread as saying his primary nav aid is GPS and as you have yourself noted he seems to be using a computer from time to time. I daresay the old luddite probably has a mobile phone, has updated from oil to electricity for his lights and rumour has it the hamster has gone and replaced by one of them new fangled infernal combustion thingys.

“Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.” Terry Pratchett
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook