Thread: Our New Boat
View Single Post
Old 07-12-2013

chef2sail will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to chef2sail
Re: Our New Boat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melrna View Post
It is my pleasure to announce that we are getting a new boat, a brand new boat. We are ordering hull #90, a Catalina 445. Delivery should be sometime in Sept. This boat will be used to go full time cruising next year. It is a heavy semi-custom boat that Gerry Douglas of Catalina Yatchs is kindly building for us. Gerry and I have been talking about this build now for over 3 years. Today the stars aligned and the boat is going forward in the production line. Last Tuesday I toured the facility and shot over 1 hour of video and tons of picture of the build process. One day I will put it all together and post it on the internet.
But first I need to say something to this forum and others I have had the pleasure of participating over a number of years. The knowledge that I have gain by participating here and else where is what is making this dream of mine come true. I cannot Thank Sailnet and all those that write great wisdom and advice to all of us thirsty for knowledge. Thank You Thank You. Thank You
Social Media avenues are here to stay and are becoming more of our social life. The sailing community here on Sailnet has been outstanding over the many years that I have had the pleasure to be a part of. Great members have come and gone and come back, new members have stepped up to the plate to offer advise that is invaluable and not found in other endeveours. For those members that lurk, I encourage you all to particapate. You all have knowledge to share that others can use and/or more important the support that we all need as we try to better this great sport and lifestyle.
To the dreamers out there.. Dreams do come true. Hard work, baby steps in life, having the disipline to do what is necessary and thirst of knowledge makes events happen. Only you can make it happen. Dreams are there for us to move forward to our personal nirvanna.
For us the next 8 months will be very exciting as we prepare to retire to chase sunsets. While the sunsets are amazing it is really the people in this sailing community that we have met and the new sailors that we will continue to meet is what this this adventure is really about. It is a small tight knit community that is not found else where. I have met many here that I can safely say I call friends. Friendships that are everlasting.

Here is one of the videos I shot: New boat at Factory - YouTube

Fair Winds
Melissa
Moondance
Catalina 445 hull #90
Congrats on achieving your dream. Good luck with her.

Dave

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(photos by Joe McCary)
Charter member of the Chesapeake Lion posse

Our blog-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

“Sailing is just the bottom line, like adding up the score in bridge. My real interest is in the tremendous game of life.”- Dennis Conner
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook