SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

seeking crew for cruising

6K views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  neilruthven 
#1 ·
retired, based in New Orleans,well fitted 31'' sloop, wife aquaphobic, looking for sympatico crew for occasional cruises along
Gulf coast and into Carib. availability and sense of humor more important than experience.

#3 ·
I am interested in getting some more cruising experience before I take off on my own for a 6 month cruise next year. Maybe I could help you out on a 2 or 3 week leg. Let me know if you are interested and want me to send you my resume.
Thanks,
Dan
djarkin@hotmail.com

#4 ·
Hi there! My name is Aaron Shepherd. I''m a college student in Seattle. I would love to help out. I have minimal boating experience ( not much more than rowing around the pond back home) but I am a quick study, work well with people, and I love to have fun! I can be in New Orleans with a few days notice. Let me know if I am someone you might be interested in, or if I''m the worst possible candidate for the job! Thanks!

#5 ·
Greetings,

I am middle aged, male, and in the process of extricating myself from the 9-5 grind, moving to a cruising lifesytle.

I''ve crewed on several long races, 1000 miles plus and on several deliveries from Cabo to San Diego.

I''m looking for opportunites to gain more experience and meet others with similar aspirations.

If you think I might match up with your plans, please drop me a note.

Greg

#7 ·
Greetings,

I''m a 28 yo male in my first year of medical residency. I have some experience teaching small boat sailing and would like to learn more. I have a 2 week vacation in March (the 12th to the 25th.) I''d be interested in anything you might have available. I''m a quick learner and a hard worker. I believe that laughter and salt water are the best medicines. email: hore0006@hotmail.com

#8 ·
hello Batur,

currently travelling SE Asia since early december please excuse long delay in reply there is NO e-mail available in Burma (Myanmar).

no dates or directions, just like to get up one morning when the winds and weather indcate a good passage window, get it together and go for some days. i''m retired, not looking to give lessons on one shot basis to the eager, but for someone who''s available on short notice and has no schedule restrictions.

that''s my situation, thanks for your reply and let me know if there''s a fit. bernard

#9 ·
Dan, Shepster, HoJO3, Greg, lacrosse.d.p.

thank you for your replies and kindly excuse my dealy in answering. see message to BATUR
which clarifies my situation. distance, our individual personal objectives and time restraints would appear to negate further pursuit of the matter. regards, bernard

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.