SailNet Community - View Single Post - Sailboat perishes off Hatteras, USCG rescues crew
View Single Post
Old 07-12-2013
Last Man Standing

smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough
Re: Sailboat perishes off Hatteras, USCG rescues crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJC45 View Post
Lot's of Monday morning quarterbacking going on in this thread regarding the rescue of the crew of this boat. As I sit here a week after two highly experienced airline captains managed to reach the ground before they reached the airport, driving their jumbo jet into the ground at SFO, I can only think what most other pilots are thinking about that situation - There but for the grace of God go I.

I would imagine that everyone here has been caught out, so to speak, and gotten themselves into situations they wish they hadn't. Certainly most of us have been in situations we are glad we didn't have to explain ourselves for later. We either pulled if off or got away with it depending on your POV. I would give the delivery captains some slack here. Too easy to say shoulda coulda.
I generally agree with you. At some point, you get caught no matter how perfect you are in your own mind.

But I also like the MMQing. It's just a way to learn. I just try to be careful never to call the rescuees "idiots". That kind of thing always comes back to bite you.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

S/V Dawn Treader - 1989 Hunter Legend 40
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook