SailNet Community - View Single Post - Just Bought a 1967 35 Alberg Ericson Sloop
View Single Post
Old 07-12-2013
Over Hill Sailing Club

smurphny is on a distinguished road
Re: Just Bought a 1967 35 Alberg Ericson Sloop

Quote:
Originally Posted by dokimball12 View Post
Hey I Just Bought the 1967 35 Alberg Ericson Sloop today without a survey.
I bought it with Jim Bullack's help, a real straight up guy. Call this guy if you need a boat. Between me, Jim and the owner, I knew exactly what I was buying. A real honest transaction.
No survey, what are you stupid. Yea, Yea, Yea, it's gonna cost me a fortune to repair. I should have had a survey. It's a hole in the water to pour my money. It's gonna be like living in a dark closet with a wet dog tearing up 100 dollar bills. But you know what, it is going to be great. Blah Blah Blah.
Anyway, a lot of upgrades have been done since the last post
I don't think anyone fixed the starbord soft spot in the deck because there is still one there. The bulkheads still need tending to. It needs bottom paint. Deck could use some sprucing up and a coat of sauce. But, I'll probaly leave it looking it's good old rustic sweet self so when I go cruising the pirates won't want it and the theives will figure I'm too poor to have anything worth taking.
She's strong. She's sweet, And she told me she's gonna take good care of me. And that is what counts.
No, I'm not going to tell you how much I paid.
Also a note, the members on this site are very informative. You all were the ones that got me to buy this boat and you were the ones that gave me the information and confidence to do so without a survey - I Thank you
Welcome. When you want to hear the gory details of the refit, just give a shout:-)