SailNet Community - View Single Post - Sea Trial Only After Sales Contract?
View Single Post
Old 07-12-2013
HANUMAN

RobGallagher is on a distinguished road
Re: Sea Trial Only After Sales Contract?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulieMor View Post
If there was an Ericson 38 we could charter for a day, we would. But there isn't. We even asked the broker if any of his clients would be willing to, for a fee, of course. He acted like he didn't even want to ask.

I've heard the E38 is tender off the start but stiffens up. Heeling doesn't phase me but I'm not so sure about the SO. When we were out on the Jeanneau 379 a few weeks ago in 12-18K winds, I thought I saw

I've been at the helm of a number of different boats and I can generally get a sense of them pretty quickly. I'd also like to feel her under power and hear the engine under load. Between being under sail and power, I can get an over sense of things and get a fairly good idea if the boat and I are going to be friends or lovers.

The broker said he'd ask. And I'm good with that. If the owner says no, we'll make do.

We saw an E34 - PS build - and liked it. That's what got us started on looking at Ericson. It will be interesting to see what the E38 is like.
Obviously you are asking too much of your broker

You might not find one in your backyard to charter but I managed to find two for charter in the US. If you seriously plan on spending 50K - 90K on a boat you are unsure of, then surely an investment in a fun vacation to try one out would not be asking all that much.

Maine Sailing Charters & Day Sailboat Charters | Northpoint Yacht Charters, Rockport, Maine

Northwest Sailing Charters ~ Cruise the San Juan Islands ~ Bellingham, WA ~ Crewed Vacations or Private Charters

I'm sure there are more than these two working the charter biz.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook