SailNet Community - View Single Post - Sea Trial Only After Sales Contract?
View Single Post
Old 07-12-2013

chef2sail will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to chef2sail
Re: Sea Trial Only After Sales Contract?

Why would you want to do a sea trial without the surveyor there, hes really the expert about the systems on the boat not you? To get a "feel" for the boat? You cant really get that on a sea trial. You cant tell the difference between two boats on a 3 hour hour jaunt. You can see how the boats fits into the type of sailing you will do, but to feel the differences between two boats on a small sail on each. Sorry I dont think you can do that.

Do your research as was said...talk to other Erikson owners. Find out from people who sail the boats for years how they REALLY handle. Their strengths and weaknessess. Talk to Jennaeu owners to find out how they handle, their strengths and weaknesses.

Put your money down and youll get the sea trial and the survey at the same time. If I was selling the boat I would tall you that. Can you imagine how many people a boat seller would get just to take a ride and kick the tires, if they had this practice If its not a sound boat or you dont like it you still can walk away with your money back. What you are asking foir is not a usual practice IMHO.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(photos by Joe McCary)
Charter member of the Chesapeake Lion posse

Our blog-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

“Sailing is just the bottom line, like adding up the score in bridge. My real interest is in the tremendous game of life.”- Dennis Conner
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook