SailNet Community - View Single Post - Full Keel
Thread: Full Keel
View Single Post
Old 07-13-2013

Jeff_H has a spectacular aura about Jeff_H has a spectacular aura about Jeff_H has a spectacular aura about
Re: Full Keel

Quote:
Originally Posted by kunkwriter View Post
I've got a Rafiki 37 and thus far have been happy. She's very similar to the Pacific Seacraft 37 and the Tayana 37. All came out at the same time in the mid 70s and all are full keel with about 13 tons of displacement--Seacraft is a bit lighter. We're in the bay area, so rarely have light winds, but when there's wind in the sails she moves smoothly, even in the lighter wind. I'm real pleased at how well she points to weather, and for rough water, I've never had a boat that was quite so solid. We've only had her since January, but we're on the bay at least once a week. Good luck, Dave.

Kunk
The Rafiki 37 is a venerable design that is closely derived from the Atkin's Ingrid. The Ingrid was a state of the art cruiser when she was designed and has always been a appealing design for its day. It is much closer in concept to the Tayana 37 than the Pacific Seacraft 37. Both the Ingrid and Tayana are closer renditions relative to their Scandinavian ancestors.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Curmudgeon at Large- and rhinestone in the rough, sailing my Farr 11.6 on the Chesapeake Bay and part-time purveyor of marine supplies
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook