Old 07-13-2013
Proud "picnic sailor"

TakeFive will become famous soon enough
Re: 6 Americans, 1 Brit vanish at sea

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkofSeaLife View Post
I never said "investigation" I said "We covered, investigated and exposed"

Please read my posts more carefully
Fine, I used the wrong form of the verb.

You said we investigated. I say we speculated and discussed things that the true investigators revealed - and lots of other things that were just made up.

You say we covered and exposed. I say we discussed the coverage that was provided by others, and things that were exposed by others. Nothing unique was ever revealed here, with the only exceptions being 2 or 3 times when people who were actually on the boat or had actually met the crew revealed some of their own personal observations. That's not a whole lot of investigative content contained in about 2300 posts spread over several threads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkofSeaLife View Post
While some of you are sitting here saying there is nothing to investigate, nothing to think about, nothing to comment about...
I'm not aware of anyone saying any of this.

There's lots to investigate, but nobody with the time and resources to go down there and do it.

There's always lots to think about and comment about, and I haven't seen anything here that's trying to suppress that. Who are you accusing of this?

But don't go trying to suggest that thinking and commenting about things that news services uncover and others here speculate comes anywhere close to truly investigating. You can learn a lot from it, but it's basically as valuable as discussing hypothetical situations that someone proposes. To call it investigating is to fall into the trap of thinking something is true because enough people echoed what each other said.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Formerly posted as "RhythmDoctor"
1998 Catalina 250WK Take Five (at Anchorage Marina, Essington, on the Delaware River)
1991 15' Trophy (Lake Wallenpaupack)
1985 14' Phantom (Lake Wallenpaupack)