SailNet Community - View Single Post - Looking for Sunsail/Moorings Owners Feedback?
View Single Post
Old 07-13-2013

Options409 is on a distinguished road
Re: Looking for Sunsail/Moorings Owners Feedback?

I am 3yrs into my first 5 year program. I have a Jeanneau 409 based in Tortola. So far all good. I took a trip to BVI to inspect the condition of the boat earlier this year and was pleasantly surprised by the condition of the boat given the amount of use it gets. Was a lot better than most privately owned/maintained yachts that i see parked at marinas.

There were some small issues, but nothing more than you'd expect.

I am on a French contract since I was living in France at the time of the purchase. I took the deposit down and finance option and chose to receive a fixed income from Sunsail each month. So far they have always paid.

I think unless you want to roll straight over to a new Sunsail contract after the 5yrs, then Sunsail will not give you the value indicated on their cash flow forecast. They play on the fact that your boat is costing you money to maintain once outside the contract and most people are desperate to sell.

I plan to take my boat, cruise the Caribbean for an extended period after the contract expires, so this isn't an issue.

I am sure there are some nightmare stories, but my experience has been great so far. Took the chance to cruise Greece, Thailand, BVI so far. Turkey, Croatia and Tahiti still to go.

Hope this helps.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook