SailNet Community - View Single Post - ssb v.satphone ?who's the winner
View Single Post
Old 07-13-2013
Mermaid Hunter

SVAuspicious will become famous soon enough
Re: ssb v.satphone ?who's the winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by fallard View Post
The connection to the antenna was made by clamping the stripped copper from the RF lead directly to the antenna section with a small hose clamp that was then wrapped with rigging tape.
Not your best choice. I put a ring terminal on the end of GTO-15 and run the wire through the structural part of a wire clamp. Loop the end of the GTO-15 back down and under one of the nuts on the wire clamp. I cover with a layer of self amalgamating tape and cover with rigging tape.

Quote:
Originally Posted by outbound View Post
think will go with ssb and sailmail for now and study for a ham license as well.
One thing I think many people don't consider is that other than the easy material on regulations every single thing you need to know for a US General class ham license is information that you should have a good command of to go cruising. If you should know it anyway, why not talk advantage of the many resources to learn it, get your ham license, and be more self-sufficient?
beware "cut and paste" sailors.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook