SailNet Community - View Single Post - Miss Liberty vs the landlubbing haters!
View Single Post
Old 07-13-2013
Over Hill Sailing Club

smurphny is on a distinguished road
Re: Miss Liberty vs the landlubbing haters!

Sorry to hear that thieves have stolen all your stuff. That's terrible. Did they also set her adrift so that she became grounded? Did you file a police report when this happened? How and when did she sink? Something sounds fishy with this story. Did you have your belongings insured from theft? With all the derelict boats in Florida, it is not surprising that they are trying to hold owners responsible so taxpayers are not stuck with the cleanup bill. From what I've observed in places, there are many abandoned boats in FL and many more that look like they're one step away from becoming derelicts. It's unfortunate that you've been caught up in this but if you explain to a judge that the boat was ransacked and cut free one night and you returned to it the next day to find it grounded and stripped, I can't see how you can be held responsible. Sounds like time to get a lawyer, maybe even a PI to find if there is a link between the disgruntled condo owners and the destruction of your boat.

Last edited by smurphny; 07-13-2013 at 09:13 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook