SailNet Community - View Single Post - 6 Americans, 1 Brit vanish at sea
View Single Post
Old 07-14-2013
Super Fuzzy Moderator

tdw is a jewel in the rough tdw is a jewel in the rough tdw is a jewel in the rough
Re: 6 Americans, 1 Brit vanish at sea

I confess I find the debate that seems to inevitably arise in this type of thread somewhat bewildering. It appears that some folk believe that simply because a friend or family member of the crew might be reading this or any other forum it somehow follows we should hold our thoughts out of respect for the family.

Sorry but I call BS. (Personal speak here, not Mod speak).

Something happens that concerns us all, and a boat going down with possibly all hands does concern each and every one of us yet for some reason we are not allowed to discuss it ? Bizarre.

This incident has been all over the media. Family and friends would be far more likely to be upset over what they read in the press than what they might read here.

Should we not discuss safety issues on AC boats cos Andrew Simpson was killed ?

No, sorry, I think it is all being overly sensitive and that it doesn't make sense to me.

Then again, I could of course simply be one hard hearted bastard without a skerrick of empathy towards my fellow beings.

“Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.” Terry Pratchett

Last edited by tdw; 07-14-2013 at 10:45 PM. Reason: grammar and spelling/typos