SailNet Community - View Single Post - Buying a Cruiser
View Single Post
Old 07-15-2013
Advocate777

Advocate777 is on a distinguished road
Re: Buying a Cruiser---- I finally know what I need- please advise

Thank you for your replies--- it really helps to get feedback-- I am going to make a list of the boats mentioned and go check them out. I am chartering an IP27 next week or 3 days out if rock hall maryland with my two sons.
I am also going to pm several of you regarding specific boats you mentioned-
One of you asked what I will use the boat for once I have it.
This is my plan: keep it on the eastern shore of the chesapeake and prepare it and explore and work on my Nav skills and learning the boat real good.
Then I want to take it out of the bay and into the ocean in moderate conditions to be exposed to some larger waves than the usual chop in the bay. I will then take it down the intracoastal and then offshore parallel south off Florida coast. It will be kept at a marina in central east florida- and taken to Biscayne bay and the keys- I plan to cross the Gulf Stream in her and explore the Bahamas and back. I will also want to keep going to make the longer passage from the Caicos to the Dominican Republic and on to cross the Moa Passage to the Carribean.
If I can accomplish that and my confidence and experience grows--- Cuba to the Yucatan to explore and then south to belize and panama.
Although I may never transit the Canal and into the Pacfic for a circumnavigation- maybe I will and either way I want a boat that could do it if I want it to.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook