SailNet Community - View Single Post - Are ALL Sellers LYING MORONIC DOUCHBAGS??
View Single Post
Old 07-16-2013

Tim R. is on a distinguished road
Re: Are ALL Sellers LYING MORONIC DOUCHBAGS??

The problem(for buyers) is that the good boats go fast. It is a matter of timing that is hurting you. Set a tickler in YW to email you when one of your preferred boats first gets listed and be the first to go see it. You also want to check with the broker to make sure it is in fact new to YW instead of being re-listed by a new broker.

This is how we got our Ericson 35 for well below market value and sold it for well above market value.

Another good way to find a boat is to frequent the users forums of the boats you like.

This is how we found our current boat. I had actually started corresponding with the owner well before he decided to sell. We ended up buying the boat from them while they were actively cruising and on their way to SC to put it on the market.

Not all sellers are DBs. I have been a seller of many boats and always represented my boats accurately with honest descriptions including a list of items that need to be addresses and lots of high resolution detailed photos. Guess that is why I never used a broker to sell my boats.

The problem is when a new boat comes into the picture before the old boat gets sold, the old boat gets neglected. The other problem is that there are a lot of ignorant owners out there that think a boat will stay pristine while on the hard or not actively being used. A piece of equipment may be regarded as "new" because it was installed just before the boat went up for sale 3 years ago. Sure, it is in "new condition" but it is not current, especially for electronics.

Good luck and take a breather. We had actually stopped looking for a new boat when our Ericson appeared on YW.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

-----------------------------------------------------
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook