SailNet Community - View Single Post - Are ALL Sellers LYING MORONIC DOUCHBAGS??
View Single Post
Old 07-16-2013

JulieMor is on a distinguished road
Re: Are ALL Sellers LYING MORONIC DOUCHBAGS??

I heard a saying a long time ago, "Follow the money", and every time I do I get a good understanding of how the money is doing the motivating.

If you are a buyer, there are countless people looking to get a piece of the money you intend to spend. The broker wants to maximize his or her commission. The seller wants to make a killing selling his or her boat. It's predator vs. prey. In the wild, the prey that thrives is the one always on the lookout for predators.

We've begun our search locally. No real financial hit driving a couple of hours to look at a boat. Our first look-see was a total dud. Even the one the broker and dock walkers talked up was a disappointment. We had dinner and drinks afterwards by the water and all was good again.

We have another look-see on Thursday that will be a 4 hour round trip. We'll take in other things the area has to offer while there so it won't be a total waste of out time if the boat isn't right.

We're planning a trip out east. It will be a vacation, the chance to see friends and take in what the area has to offer. Along the way we plan to check out as many different types of boats as we can. Call it mind games, cuz the real reason we're heading out east is to see boats, but we're making it into a vacation. And we will enjoy the vacation, regardless of what the boats look like.

We have a seller's broker. He seems genuine. But he's on strict commission. Expecting anything other than him wanting a quick and top price sale would be kidding ourselves. In the end, if you aren't constantly looking out for yourself, you will get eaten.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook