SailNet Community - View Single Post - Are ALL Sellers LYING MORONIC DOUCHBAGS??
View Single Post
Old 07-16-2013
Bombay Explorer 44

TQA is on a distinguished road
Re: Are ALL Sellers LYING MORONIC DOUCHBAGS??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delirious View Post
And from the seller's point of view:

Don't come back with a counter offer 25% lower than asking because it needs x, y and z. I know this, that's why I set the price where it was when put up for sale. Start with the price of a new boat and deduct the value if you think fixing x, y and z should be on my tab or you want them corrected as a condition of sale to make a 25 year old boat like new.

But yes - these flaws should all be mentioned if known. Inventory and age of sales, structural integrity, maintenance history, rotted cores, etc.
Some owners/sellers are just unrealistic when they set the price. Some brokers will go along.

My first offer was about 45% of the original asking price and the deal done at around 50% on my current boat. Yes they sunk a ton of money into the boat but that was the market price. It needed nothing doing to it at all, truly turnkey. I did change the perfectly good manual windlass for an electric one as I regard this as a safety device.

Last edited by TQA; 07-16-2013 at 07:05 PM. Reason: spulling mistook
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook