SailNet Community - View Single Post - Docking for Dummies
View Single Post
Old 07-17-2013

JonEisberg will become famous soon enough
Re: Docking for Dummies

Quote:
Originally Posted by T37Chef View Post
On another note...recently we were in OBX and we went down to Oregon Inlet to see the catch come in from the big deep sea fishing boats. Damn, I was so impressed in how they maneuver these big sport fishing yachts. I have never seen anything like it, they back into these slips fast! I mean FAST!!! Yea sure, twin screws and HP make it a lot easier, but these guys are serious pros! The catch was impressive, their boat handling skills blew me away!
yeah, the fleet coming in at Oregon Inlet can be quite a show, alright... Those guys on the bridge, facing aft in Reverse Rodeo Cowboy-style, they're all trying to outdo each other in front of the crowd...

Funny, though - if you're at the Fishing Center in the off-season without the crowd of tourists gathered to watch, the whole show is much more tame... These guys are pros, after all, and subscribe a bit more to the theory that "Slow Is Pro", when no one is around to impress... :-)

I used to love stopping at the Fishing Center, really a pity that Oregon Inlet is no longer a viable route, at least for the foreseeable future...
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook