SailNet Community - View Single Post - SMCM Governor's Cup
View Single Post
Old 07-17-2013

Sabreman will become famous soon enough Sabreman will become famous soon enough
Re: SMCM Governor's Cup

We're not racing this year. My crew fell apart - one with a blown shoulder, one recovering from multiple back surgeries, another healing from knee replacement. I had the former skipper of a Naval Academy Annapolis-Bermuda winner signed up, but he bought a boat and will be moving it that weekend. My foredeck guy is on business travel that week and my tactician isn't answering email or voicemail. So it's me, Vicky, and one of our drivers. I can't do Gov Cup with 3 on a 38' PHRF B boat. I'm really bummed since we've done it the last 5 years and had been improving.

We hadn't even planned to go ashore this year - just drop off crew and get out. The shuttle last year was abysmal - it took forever to get ashore and as long to get back out. And the food that's on my boat is better that what they have in the 3 trailers parked in the road.

I liked the tracker, it really helped us do better knowing what everyone else was doing. I call it "training". They kept us from heading off into the hinterlands with a "better idea". I didn't like when service went down - I would really have liked to identify the gray sailed boat with no running lights that came out of the darkness and almost caused us to do an emergency tack. Would have protested him if I could see a name or sail number or get the data from the tracker.

BTW - The photo for my avatar was taken at the start of last year's race. Love that picture.

Mark

Last edited by Sabreman; 07-17-2013 at 01:02 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook