SailNet Community - View Single Post - Are ALL Sellers LYING MORONIC DOUCHBAGS??
View Single Post
Old 07-17-2013

denverd0n is on a distinguished road
Re: Are ALL Sellers LYING MORONIC DOUCHBAGS??

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJC45 View Post
I once was interested in a Pearson 35. Problem was the coach roof was warped by the roof stepped mast bearing down on it. That was an expensive problem to fix. Yet not reflected in the price. "Make an offer and let the surveyor figure it out." OK i do that and he tells me I got good news and i got bad news. The good is that the oak block under the compression post is toast. And that can be fixed. The bad - the cabin roof is permanently torqued so the boat is junk, do i get my $1000 survey fee back?
I'm not sure I understand your complaint here. You saw the boat. You knew there was something wrong with the coach roof, even though at this point you did not know exactly what. You made your offer. I assume that you made a lower offer than you would have if you had not known there was something wrong with the coach roof. You get the survey and find the boat is not acceptable.

Sounds to me like it worked exactly like it is supposed to. Yes, you're out the cost of the survey, but how else could you find out that the roof was not repairable? The point of the survey is to find out if there is anything significant, not already accounted for in the price, that you cannot tell through your own careful inspection. And in this case you found that out.

Or is it that you are upset with the seller for not telling you ahead of time that the boat was junk? If he didn't know then you can hardly blame him for that. If he did know then he is another one of the LMDs from the subject line.

Again, I guess I'm just not sure how it is that you think it is supposed to work.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook