SailNet Community - View Single Post - Can a keel stub and stringers be repaired (hypothetical)
View Single Post
Old 07-18-2013

Jeff_H has a spectacular aura about Jeff_H has a spectacular aura about Jeff_H has a spectacular aura about
Re: Can a keel stub and stringers be repaired (hypothetical)

Everyone says that about diamonds perhaps still being there. The yard was explicit that they cut away this 'half-arse built hollow spot and built it back solid'. There is no there there anymore.

Yes, I did see the article about 'Pilar'. That was an interesting article in a lot of ways. I thought the most interesting part was the discussion of the curatorial thought process, and careful stewardship practices on the original Pilar that was paid for by the Cuban government.

I thought that the Hollywood stage set version was far less convincing than would be suggested by the way that the article author seemed to gush on about.

Jeff

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Curmudgeon at Large- and rhinestone in the rough, sailing my Farr 11.6 on the Chesapeake Bay

Last edited by Jeff_H; 07-18-2013 at 12:39 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook