Originally Posted by jimgo
Donna, my plan was to not travel at night. My boat should go about the same speed as yours. According to Active Captain, it's something like 55 miles to Delaware City. I'll have to check the tidal flow through the canal; my hope would be to catch it as it was flowing out toward the Delaware.
I'd not "hope" to catch the tide as it flows toward Delaware, and from your previous posts, it is clear that you are more than hoping, but are planning to catch the tide. If you miss the tide, anchor (before or after the C&D) and wait for the tide. Otherwise you will be bucking a significant current.