SailNet Community - View Single Post - Sailing up Coast of California
View Single Post
post #17 of Old 07-18-2013
capta
Master Mariner

Re: Sailing up Coast of California

" If you are asking this question you are most likely not to be ready for this passage."
I wholeheartedly agree!
I spent my youth working on commercial fishing boats between SD and Alaska and we rarely, if ever had a pleasant trip between Point Conception and Seattle; one of roughest and most dangerous coasts with places to get out of the weather, safely, few and far between. I have also sailed it several times and would never, at any price (as a delivery captain) do it again, even on a 100 footer. As the man said; go via Hawaii.
Certainly not a voyage to be undertaken lightly.

"Any idiot can make a boat go; it takes a sailor to stop one." Spike Africa aboard the schooner Wanderer in Sausalito, Ca. 1964.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

facebook.com/svskippingstone
Our Videos;

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote Share with Facebook

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome